Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Have a Denon avr s900w without a remote. Trying to do

Customer Question

Have a Denon avr s900w without a remote. Trying to do initial setup and buttons on receiver are not responding. Can setup be done without remote?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately you cannot do the initial setup or access menu functions without the remote. The front panel lacks any of the setup buttons beyond changing source and listening modes.

You can buy a replacement remote (Model: RC-1192, available here: http://bit.ly/1KzVWv6 ), but they are in the $50 range. Since the utility of that is relatively limited for the price, your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,