Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Kenwood 5.1-Channel Dolby Digital/DTS Receiver (VR-605) The

Customer Question

Kenwood 5.1-Channel Dolby Digital/DTS Receiver (VR-605)
The display lights keep blinking on and off. mostly off so I cant tell what the settings are. Is there an easy fix? Something I need to clean or screw down? Tried spraying with contact cleaner several times but............. Unit works ok, does what its supposed to do, it just does not display. Display window is totally blank. Some times if I tap it or pat it the display comes on but never stays on. Any Ideas?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom almost always is an internal hardware issue or more particularly an intermittent supply of heater voltage to the VFD (vacuum florescent display) tube.

The above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?