Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a sharp mini component stereo which is not

Customer Question

I have a sharp mini component stereo which is not functioning now. several weeks ago we had a bad storm, when it was over and the electricity came back on, I could not use my sharp. I noticed a red light flashing stating timer energy. Now I can't get any of the buttons to work. It wont come on. Its a cd mpx 850 model. what do I do?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. How long have you owned the Sharp system for please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The reason being is that flashing Timer light on the system indicates a FAULT- not something that there's any settings or adjustments for. It's common that the Timer light blinks whenever there's a storm, or power outage- etc. as it's the system's SOS code- meaning there's something damaged internally.

All you can try on a user level is to disconnect the system from power, then remove the speaker wires. Press and HOLD the power button on the system itself (not the remote) for 15 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug the system back into power (leave the speakers disconnected), then press power once. If this does NOT work, then try those steps up to 4 more times and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me know once you've read my replies and we can continue.