Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have just purchased a Bose Wave Music System III and

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Bose Wave Music System III and turned it on... but there is just a blank screen,everything works, radio, CD, ..............???????
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Which model wave do you have, there should be a full model (usually starts with AWC) printed on the bottom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bose Wave Music System III......nothing starting with AWC ...what about SER.NO.055430p43350104AE ????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it is a - Digital
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

It may be AWR, but we'll go without it for now,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Did you ever see anything on the display, such as SET or the numbers moving when playing a disc?

If not, there is a good chance that the display panel itself is actually faulty (probably damaged in shipping and has loose connector inside).

Unplug power to the unit for 60+ seconds, then hold down the power button while plugging back in. Anything then?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, once more,

this time unplug power for an hour,

press and hold power button while plugging back in and for another 60 seconds after, then release.

If still no change, the internal display is faulty.

In that case, you'll want to contact the retailer you purchased it from and have them return/exchange it for another unit for you.

While you could file a warranty claim, that is a long and drawn out process so you're better of settling up with the seller while it is still new.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,