Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I own Companion 3 Series II BOSE multimedia Speakers, since

Customer Question

I own Companion 3 Series II BOSE multimedia Speakers, since I bought a MacBook Pro computer my speakers have no sound. I have had these speakers at my Apt in the City(they Work) but speakers at my Apt. in long island don't work. I have CalledBOSE and Apple and nobody seems to solve the Problem. I do NOT want to Get rid of these speakers because they have helped me with great sound over the years. ANY SUGGESTIONS ????
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. I'm assuming you've been trying to use USB to connect the speakers? Can you instead try a standard 1/8" stereo to 1/8" stereo "Aux" cable between the MacBook and the Bose and let me know if there's still no sound?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The cable would connect between the MacBook's headphone jack, and the jack on the little Bose Volume "puck" that has the circle with the line through it (the jack on the right). Then turn the Bose volume up a bit, and also raise the volume on your Macbook. Let me know what happens.