Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

I have an RX-V-675. I have connected the speakers correctly

Customer Question

I have an RX-V-675. I have connected the speakers correctly and have gone through the "settings" menu. Two questions: 1) I get very little volume from my Sub (unlike the excellent gain from my last amp). How can I fix this? I am connected to the sub pre-out and have tried both.
2) Is there a way to by-pass the amp and have the video signal pass through and then only use the television volume instead of having surround on all the time?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. To get more volume from your sub, go into your speaker settings menu, and set your front speakers to small. The LFE signal will increase, but you will not lose volume on your front speakers. It adjusts the frequency output, so you'll hear more of your sub.

2) Yes, there is a bypass. Look in your HDMI menu. You'll see Standby Through. Turn that on. Now when you put it into standby, it will output audio and video through the HDMI cable.

Let me know if you have any questions.