Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

This question is Hannigan ONLY. I have a Pioneer SX1050. I

Customer Question

This question is for ***** *****nigan ONLY.
I have a Pioneer SX1050. I will occasionally get a popping sound from the speakers, not always at higher volumes. Also both channels will sometimes go off for a half second then resume for some time.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I regret that Expert ***** *****nigan seems to have been offline for some time and not picked up on this case yet. If you will accept my help with this question and issue, we may proceed with it - if you would rather continue to wait for Expert ***** *****nigan, I will Opt Out and leave the question open once more.

Let me know... I do have some notions as to how to advise you on this matter, but will bow to your preference.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

I apologize. I had posted the reply under previous question in customer service asked me to move it here for you.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your questions. Check behind the unit and make sure that there are no wire strands that are crossing over and touching other wire strands. This can cause exactly what you describe will often make the receiver going to Protected Mode but not always.

Until you find out exactly what it is I would minimize using it because you have the potential to cause permanent damage to it when it's acting like this

Thank you!