Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Have a Denon AVR 3313 my wife t a button on the remote and

Customer Question

Have a Denon AVR 3313 my wife hit a button on the remote and now no sound coming through the surround speakers, hooked up to DISH satellite box ? What did she do?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

On the remove above the Up arrow is the mute button.

Press this and tell me if sound returns please.

If not, press it again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that, nothing, I can hear the sound of clicking in the AVR 3313, but no change in sound, there is no longer a display on the TV showing the volume level button, going higher or lower .
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, change the input on your TV and cycle through this until you see the volume level again as it looks like she might have changed this.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Change the input to What, HDMI 2, 3 4 TV, will try have to go into another room
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

depends on how you have it connected to the TV. If you do not know which input you have it connected to on the TV (it should have this labelled on the TV) then test on each one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI one is the one connected, but when I highlight that on the "Input" button, how do I make any changes, also, on the upper right hand side of the screen, it shows a blue arrow and immediately next to that it shows "cable"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get back to the initial set up which willl take me through the set up process, on the TV, right now I have the DISH on with clear picture, but no sound, have the Cable/Sat selected on the Denon remote
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you highlight it then select OK on the remote to select it so that the correct input is selected.

I am not sure what the blue arrow means, but its not related to the Denon issue. It would depend on how you have the TV connected for Cable. Do you know if that system is still working?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

whats the make and model of the TV? then I can tell you how to run the initial setup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sharp 70" flatscreen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can I have the model please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sharp Aquos TMAN-A050WJZZ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, cannot locate "OK" on the remote, it is Denon RC1166
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you change the inputs on the TV, not on the Denon, make sure your doing this on the TV please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay have the Sharp remote, can bring up all the inputs, power, audio, etc on screen, still no sound
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but are you now on the channel where you can see the volume going up and down as then you know your on the correct input.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can see the volume bar and numeric counter go up and down, and an X through a speaker if I hit mute
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, all cables are connected correctly still? As it should now play sound as we have it back to the correct settings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no sound, when she hit the incorrect button, she was on the Denon remote, we use the DISH remote and the Denon, not
the Sharp remote, just the two.....
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but not seeing the volume Icon means the input on TV was also changed.

If you play the radio, you head any sound?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Placed Blu Ray DVD in player, perfect picture, no sound!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Its not caused by your wife, only thing she could do is mute it, we ruled out everything else.

I believe its suffered an internal fault with the mainboard.

But play the radio to be sure, what do you hear?

Any static at least?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOthing on the radio, no sound, have to go to work, now, will have to call an IT type locally I guess, thanks for you assistanc.e
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It guy will not be able to fix it, your wife did not cause this, a capacitor has blown on the mainboard or the chipset has failed.

No matter what the issue you would get sound on the radio. And you have confirmed the cables are still connected correctly.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have a hardware diagnostics performed and the faulting component replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you