Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

I have a BEO System 2500 that was recently given to me by my

Customer Question

Hello
I have a BEO System 2500 that was recently given to me by my sister who owned it for years. I carefully packed up the system and transported via automobile from Denver to Minneapolis.
I did not pack anything else around the main system and when I plugged in the auto doors that should open up does not open up.
Thoughts, ideas?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am Tech Mike,

How old is the system?

ALso do the lights come on and other functions appear to work?

Thank you

Tech Mike ;-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1991. Everything else works fine but have not tried the cassette player.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** *****

Thry something for me, please unplug the unit then plug it in in a quiet area, turn it on while listening very carefully and try the button on th eunit not the remote and let me know if you hear a tiny sound like a small motor?

It will only sound for a couple of seconds if at all,

Please let me know if you hear that or nothing at all you may need to unplug and replug to try this until you are certain.

Thank you

Tech Mcihael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear a little click when I plug it in but only for less than a second. When I unplug u hear no sound.When I wave my hand over the unit it try's to open.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that info.

This is more than likely just a bad drive belt for the doors. Inside there are belts for different movements. This is a pretty easy to to do repair but should be done by an experienced technician, if you are handy and have the tools to get to the belt you could do this yourself with my assistance. Please let me know on that I can locate a source for that belt.

It is a common issue with these units.

Sometimes the motor gets weak but that is rare to say the least.

But if you would like to have this done most local home electronics stores now make repairs on these. And it wouldn't be a bad idea because this part replacement is part of a basic internal tune up and will prevent future more serious problems. Also this one is worth fixing for sure.

If you need help locating a good repair shop please let me know and send me your State and town as well.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am expecting an O&M Manual that my sister is sending me. I am hopeful that tells me how to open up the unit. I believe I can work on it when I have time.I will be back in touch to get the belt and further assistance perhaps later this week.Thanks much.Bob
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Bob, that would be great!
Let me know when your ready and if you would like a phone call also, it costs a little more but it always works better that way and I do understand your problem very well so I can help you;-)

Have a great day Bob!

I will send you a phone offer if you accept that you don't need to rate separately once you do accept if that works for you I will call at the time you specify;-)

Then too, you can call me anytime you need me further or have a question on this.

Tech Michael