Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Just hooked up my Teac TN 300 to my Marantz 7007 receiver

Customer Question

Just hooked up my Teac TN 300 to my Marantz 7007 receiver which has a phono input, set turntable input to "thru" plays records fine with good sound but when stopped, there is a hum, not very loud but still present. There is no ground connection on the turntable but there is on the receiver. Should I try a different RCA connection on the receiver then switch the turntable eq to on?? Thanks for any help!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Yes please connect the turntable to one of the standard "line" inputs on the Marantz, then switch the phono EQ to "ON" and let me know if that works to produce a signal.