Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a bose theater system since 2007. Everything had

Customer Question

I have a bose theater system since 2007. Everything had worked great until comcast decided to upgrade their box to Infinity. The old box is being eliminated by comcast. So we installed the xfinity box as required. I was careful to make all connections the same as under the old setup. The technician from comcast reviewed my setup and everything was working fine for about a day. But I have not been able to have my bose remote control turn the tv off and on as was done previously. The tv is a sony. I used the codes for remote control as designated for the comcast cable (only one code available per the screen) in the setup. There is nothing identified for xfinity. Should I be using something different? Also the color on the screen is too much yellow and blue. These are the only two issues I appear to be having.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you please clarify, is the problem that the bose remote isn't controlling the comcast box?
Or that the comcast remote won't run the bose box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither. The problem is that the bose remote will not turn the tv on or off. It controls everything else. It has always turned the tv on and off.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay thank you for confirming.

The reason it would no longer be affecting the tv is that there is a hdmi control function overriding it.

As a quick test, can you unplug the hdmi cable from the comcast box to the tv, then test if the bose remote still works for power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hdmi cable runs from the tv to the bose box (I don't know the official name for it). I don't have hdmi cable from tv to the comcast box. I do have an extra hdmi cable and have installed it but not using now.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, can you just disconnect the comcast receiver from the bose then, temporarily, and test if the bose remote will still operate tv power at that point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll have to test later on. I have to return to work now. Sorry I thought it would be a quick answer.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry it isn't a quicker process. We need to do a bit of diagnostic testing to isolate the source of the problem before we can make any necessary adjustments.

You may bookmark/favorite this page to get back with me later.