Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  connections and repair diagnosis of home theater
20508815

I have a model CR 78CD 5 and 1 entertainment center and the

Customer Question

I have a model CR 78CD 5 and 1 entertainment center and the cd tray does not always go in all of the way and when it does it sometimes makes a noise. After several attempts, it will allow me to play the cd, after it warms up. Can you tell me what needs adjustment for replaced.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

In many cases this is due to a dirty track and to repair requires cleaning and re-lubing the track. What happens is over time dirt and dust build up on the track and can cause the tray to stick/bind. However to know for sure would require taking it apart and visually watching what takes place when the tray closes/opens.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.