Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  connections and repair diagnosis of home theater
20508815

I have a Randall PM8 amplifier. Turned "ON", illuminated

Customer Question

I have a Randall PM8 amplifier. Turned "ON", illuminated power switch is on, but there is not sound. Checked speakers and wires thoroughly; OK. Found a red button near the power switch marked "PUSH TO RESET. REPLACE WITH SAME TYPE AND RATING". I pushed this in an attempt to reset several times. Button pushed in cuts power to amp, then amp powers back on when button is releas ed with no change (still no sound at all). I've tried all dials at all channels, checked main dials. I still have NO SOUND. The wedding I need it for is tomorrow (and I hope to practice with it)....help :)
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Check output via the main or mon out to see if the pre amp is functioning, if there is no life at all to the mixer then you will want to start by checking power at the psb the power board if there is life but no audio out but is out of the pre mon/main out then the problem is likely with the amp, though odd if it is both amps that are out. If only connected to one amp then try the other and see if that one works which would most likely point to a failed amp (would require further testing).

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.