Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I hope you can help me...i bought Yamaha ATS-1030 sound bar

Customer Question

hello; i hope you can help me...i bought Yamaha ATS-1030 sound bar and i can't get it to play. I have my TV, DVD and tuner speakers all connected to Pioneer VSX-50 tuner. All components work except for the soundbar. Can you tell me how to connect the soundbar?
thanks
Dario
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The problem is that the Pioneer receiver and soundbar are mutually exclusive devices- meaning the receiver is designed to connect your external sources (DVD, TV, etc.) directly to- and then connect passive speakers to the receiver. Additionally the soundbar is designed to connect directly to a TV, Cable Box, etc.- not to be used with a receiver. That being said- these two devices are not designed to work with each other- they are designed to each be the exclusive sound device connected to the TV. I'm not sure if you were sold these as a pair, but if so- this wasn't good planning on the sales person's part and you would either need to:

1) Return the soundbar and purchase a set of standard passive speakers.

2) Return the receiver and simply connect the soundbar to the TV.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?