Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

I have a Denon AVR 2803. I took it to the Service Center

Customer Question

I have a Denon AVR 2803. I took it to the Service Center because it was refusing to produce consistent output. Each time I switched it on to play music through an OPTICAL or ANALOG source, it would play the audio but then it would simply stop producing any sound. I saw that the DIGITAL input sign would switch to ANALOG and if I provided an ANALOG source, it would remain the same but stopped producing any sound.
THe Service Center tells me something's wrong with the DIGITAL CARD. Can you please help with what's wrong, the part numbers and where I can procure the parts. Thanks
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm sorry to hear that.

How old is your Dennon unit?

This sounds to me like you have a filing amp circuit, it show an output but there is no drive behind it so it fails to produce sound because it cant provide the current needed for the speakers.

Are you in the US or the UK?

Also do you have any electronics experience?

Rework etc?

Thanks

Tech Michael