Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Can't turn on bose wave III music system on or change time

Customer Question

can't turn on bose wave III music system on or change time or anything works with remote only cannot turn on manually
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you get anything on the display?
Are you saying it will not power on or respond to the remote at all for any command (fm, cd, eject, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only thing it displays is the time but i am not able to change the time or turn on the radio or play the CD player cannot do anything with the remote
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming.

This could mean a problem with the main unit, or just a faulty remote.

First, make sure the remote has a fresh battery.

Then, lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. If you do, then the remote is functional. If you do not, then the remote is bad and would need to be replaced.

Let me know,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't see any light on the emitter but i have another bose radio and i tried the to see the light and did not and that remote works on the other radio
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay if the remote works interoperably with another radio, then the remote itself is fine.

It can be tricky to see, and your camera just may not be compatible.

So that isolates this to being a fault in the main unit.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation
1) Unplug the power cord from the wall

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. If it comes to that, I'll advise on service options for you.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i'll try this. i did the free trial for a week, so when i come back tomorrow with more questions how will i sign in without having to put my credit card again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Just bookmark/favorite this page, or sign back in from the main justanswer page.

Make sure you set up your email address/password ***** your account profile.

Do not post a new question, reply back to me here directly (otherwise you're charged more)