Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a YWA-10 adapter on a Yamaha RX V473. Till recently I

Customer Question

Hi -- I have a YWA-10 adapter on a Yamaha RX V473. Till recently I have used it successfully with my Airport Extreme wifi network and Airplay to get music from my iPad to the amp. I had to reset the network (new name, password) and have not been able to get the YWA-10 to find it. Suggestions?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

You won't be able to accomplish anything via usb.

That usb connection is for power only.

You'd have to do a factory reset of the adapter (press/hold reset button on back for 10+ seconds WHILE powered on).

Then with both usb AND ethernet connected to your computer from the adapter (and with your computers wifi adapter disabled temporarily) you can complete the browser based setup to teach the yamaha how to get onto your new network.

Best regards,