Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

I bought an expert 1.3k-fa solid state amplifier ts990

Customer Question

I bought an expert 1.3k-fa solid state amplifier for my ts990 kenwood. expert tells us in their manual to hook the amp to the radio through the cat ports to have the amp follow the radios receive when bands are changed. the 990 has no cat port, what do I do?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm sorry to hear that,

what type of jacks are available on the amp for inputs?

Also you should have RCA type from the radio do you?

Thanks

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the amp has rca jacks for ptt as well as the kenwood. that is not the problem, I can key the amp with those connections now, the question is how does the kenwood send band data to the amp when in the receive mode only? this is what the cat system is designed to do. there are other connections on the back of the radio that I'm not familiar with.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im not sure why you would need band data to the amp?

Please explain that part.

Thanks

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

band data to this amp is one of its features desirable when contesting that is why is cost 5500.00. the radio cost 8000.00, so I cannot afford any mistakes in the interfacing of this, if you not familiar with both piecies of equipment, refund my 36.oo

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I jusy checked this one and I have not seen this exact one, so I will opt out so that another more familiar exert can help you.

Have a great day, and Im sure you can get this working correctly.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

whomever is reading this, unless you are familiar with a kenwood ts990 amateur transceiver and an expert 1.3k-fa amplifier don't waste my time, just refund my 36.00