Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a yamaha reciver rx-v377 and last night it powered on

Customer Question

hello i have a yamaha reciver rx-v377 and last night it powered on turned off and now will not power on. i replaced the fuse 6a 125v but still nothing. I know the reciver is out of waranty and i know there is a power reset code but i do not know what it is. I would atleast like to try that first rather than paying a few hundred dollars for someone else to do it. in that case i would just buy a new one.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The reset for this model is to power it off (standby mode) as it already is of course,

then press and hold the Straight button on front, while pressing power once

This effects a reboot of the microprocessor and boots into the advanced setup menu.

Note, this will ONLY work if there is no underlying hardware fault. In almost all cases when it has shut down like this, the receiver has entered a protection mode, usually due to a short in the output stage of the amp. That is something that cannot be fixed by a fuse nor by a reset. At that point, you are correct that replacement will make more sense than repairs, as these units just aren't worth fixing once the warranty is up. You can get a brand new and updated model with a fresh warranty for less than repairs.

Should it come to that, I'd be happy to recommend replacement options for you.

Best regards,