Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

We have a Nuvo Grand Concerto system. It was working fine

Customer Question

We have a Nuvo Grand Concerto system. It was working fine for several years until yesterday. Now I cannot change the tuner from the keypads and song info does not display (the keypads only display Tuner A). Song info does display on the main tuner unit though. Yesterday I tried to increase the signal strength by using a third party antenna. I have since reconnected the original antennae but that may be the source of the problem.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.

Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.

How old is your Nuvo system?

Also are you saying the controls don't respond at all from the keypad and are you talking about the remote or the buttons on the unit itself?

Please be descriptive so we can help ;-)

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx for your help! Our system is about 6 years old.I am talking about the buttons on the keypad, not the remote. I can control basically everything but the tuner. It will play the station that it is on but I can't change the station.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no song information displayed on the keypad. (There used to be.)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that.

Did the display fail at the same time the controls did as well?

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and your welcome to my assistance anytime;-)Unfortunately with the systems age and the current problem this will require the services of an experienced home audio technician. But this one is worth the cost of repair certainly.

Many local home audio stores now service these products on site.

Please check local with them they should be able to at least tell you who they would recommend near you for this fix. Also with given the age of the system, the head unit is in need of a tune up so to speak. The electronics naturally cause static charge which pulls dust into the unit and over the components making them work harder and insulates the heat which is not a good thing. So the best thing really os to have this serviced.

I wish I had a simple solution you could do at home but this one is a bit more tricky and specialized tools and equipment is needed to determine the exact cause of the failure.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask me don't forget to rate my service to you kindly, then you can reach me anytime in the future if you need me. No cost to rate;-)

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to work with a different expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? I haven't heard from anyone in nearly two hours.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am still here, but I didn't see an response from you after I already mentioned to you what is wrong.

Please rate kindly as that is the ONLY way I am compensated for my time with you.

There is no cost to rate;-)

And you can still ask me anything about this once you rate.

Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. To fix this you are most likely going to need a new board, how old is it?