Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Realistic Lab 440 turntable and I thought my

Customer Question

I have a Realistic Lab 440 turntable and I thought my speaker was blown. Then I thought my receiver was bad. So I bought a new one. One speaker would not work. Now BOTH speakers have stopped working. HELP!!!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

If, when you replaced the receiver, you did not replace it with the exact same model receiver, then you have probably damaged the speakers. Not all speakers are compatible with all receivers, and particularly the speakers from a realistic receiver – the impedance will not match most receivers from other manufacturers and even other receivers from the same company. So if that's the case, you will need to replace the speakers. Trying to fix them would not be cost-effective. If you did, however, replace with the exact same receiver, then the problem may be elsewhere. If that's the case, please let me know and we can proceed from there.