ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a DNX5120 and tried to put in the unlock code 5227

Customer Question

HI, I have a DNX5120 and tried to put in the unlock code 5227 using the remote but will not unlock. When I turn it on the code page comes on .. I then use the remote and hit 5 twice then >>>track up key then 2 three times >>> track up then 2 once >>> Track and track up ... I assume that this icon >>> is the track up on my remote?
nothing happens after this process ... am I doing it wrong? Please indicate the steps to unlock my radio.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using a Kenwood RC-DV340 remote that I purchased new on ebay ... if you could indicate the steps with this remote in mind, I think it would be easier to resolve what I am doing wrong. I can be reached on my cell anytime(###) ###-####
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
The correct unlocking process is:
1) Turn on the car.
2) CODE - - - - prompt appears on the display.
3) Press Auto keys and >>| simultaneously on the faceplate and hold for 4 seconds. (If the faceplate rotates back into the console push on the upper left top edge of the faceplate and it will flip back around. Press the Eject button and then try it again.)
4) The screen will still say CODE, but the - - - - will disappear. When this happens press the 5 key on the remote twice and it enters a K on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
5) Press the 2 key on the remote three times and it enters a C on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
6) Press the 2 key on the remote once and it enters an A on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
7) Press the 7 key on the remote twice and it enters an R on the display on the faceplate. Hit the >>| key on the remote.
8) The radio goes into All Off mode and you are set - press the SRC button on the faceplate to select CD, Radio, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I don't get that kind of prompt when the turn on the radio ... I dont get the code ----- with lines request , I get the boxes to enter the numbers. I don't have an auto key on my remote (Kenwood RC-DV340). If you prefer to share a call or have me send you a picture on my screen .. I can do that immediately ...
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
please attach a picture here of what you are seeing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where do I send the pictures ... I tried to copy and paste it here, and it wont allow me to do that. Is there an email address or cell that I can send them to? What I see is a different screen to enter the code .... I get a touch screen with number boxes on the screen. when I touch the numbers on the screen it enters them encrypted and a enter box comes on after 4 are selected. I put in 5227 but nothing happens. Let me know where to send the actual image I took of the screen and remote.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
You should see a paperclip icon here that allows you to attach pictures?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a picture of the screen that I get when I turn on the radio ... If a manually touch the screen to enter the 5227 code it then opens an enter box .. when I press enter nothing happens. When I tried using the remote to enter the code, the numbers don't even register on the screen. Is there a sequence that I have to hit using this remote? I wonder since I have tried to enter the code so many times, could the radio have locked itself out? Hopefully you can help resolve this issue and unlock it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received this rate my service email for you, but I have not resolved my issue yet. The instructions that I got from you are the same ones that I found on the internet for free, and the same ones that were provided by the vendor that I bought the Kenwood radio code from. Hopefully with the pictures of the radio and remote that I sent you will help determine how to enter the code.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.
If you press the '5' button twice on the remote, does the letter ''K' get entered?
If not, have you already made a number of attempts to enter an incorrect code, and the system has locked you out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's what I asked you above about maybe being locked out .. I have tried several times to enter the codes and thought that this may have happened. What would be the next step to unlock it and put in the correct code. What are the steps to get this done and working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I am locked out, is this something that you can assist with and then be able to provide the correct steps to put in the 5227code referencing the picture of the screen that I sent you? please advise next steps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete,
You have provided information that is free on the internet, codes like KCAR and 5227 are available on the website. On my initial contact above, I stated from the get go that I have the code and steps and you haven't done anything other than repeat the same information I already have. What do you want me to rate? your response time to my question? you didn't provide a resolution to my problem, you just repeated what I told you I already had. I even asked you a question regarding the possibility of being locked out, you did not respond to that question and several days passed. I got tired of waiting and just sent in the radio to Kenwood Service Center in Virginia and will pay them to unlock it. I have authorized the 5.00 initial deposit fee be paid, but will not pay for service that was not rendered.