Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My sansui 9090 lights dont work? but my vu meters lights

Customer Question

my sansui 9090 lights dont work? but my vu meters lights work and everything else works and the bulbs are not burnt.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. How did you test the bulbs- simply visual inspection, or did you use a meter to test the filament?

Also, do you have a meter that can test DC volts so we can test the voltage going to the bulbs?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You would first want to use your meter and test for 8 volts at the lamp connections. If the voltage IS present, then you do indeed have bad lamps and they can be replaced at the link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-6-NEW-Custom-made-EMERALD-GREEN-LED-Lamps-for-SANSUI-9090DB-Restore-parts-/221832150358

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If the 8 volts is not present, then I would consider retro-fitting a 9 volt power supply (putting a 5-10k dropping resistor in series with the positive) into the Sansui to power the lamps:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Generic-9v-1A-9-volt-Adapter-Charger-for-Roland-TD-3-6-8-MC-09-303-307-Power-PSU-/111646344404?hash=item19fea404d4

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?