Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I purchased a wave sound system 11, in May 2014 Has been

Customer Question

I purchased a wave sound system 11 , in May 2014 Has been terrific ,very happy with it However about 2 months ago the reader system seems to have failed When I place a C D in it says Reading Disc but then says No Disc Or if it accepts a c d it may play for two or three tracts and then stops and says c d not readable It also happens with my 5 cd stacker too can you please help or tell me if you have a service agency here in Brisbane Many thanks Mac Walker
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Mac,

This type of problem is often caused by a contaminated laser lens. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (Allsop 23321 Ultra Pro Carbon-Edge DVD and CD-Drive Cleaner) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement. Should it come to that I'll advise further on options.

Best regards,