Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have had your Bose system time and I just love it. My

Customer Question

I have had your Bose system for a long time and I just love it. My question is...Is there some sort of disk that I can put in to clean the tracks? One of the tracks skips when I put a disk in. Again I can't say enough for the pleasure I have owning the system.
Thank you,
Janice Harney
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello Janice, and thank you for the question. Yes, there is a CD laser lens cleaner that you can purchase to run through the system to clean the laser lens. This removes dust and debris from the lens and can prevent skipping.

These can be purchased at Best Buy, Radio Shack or Wal Mart, and are also available for purchase at the link below:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/8779654/Maxell-DVD-LC-DVD-Lens-Cleaner/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Computer_Tablet_Accessories-_-8779654-VQ6-42102167396-VQ16-c-VQ17-pla-VQ18-online-VQ19-8779654-VQ20-78809588996-VQ21-&gclid=Cj0KEQjwl6GuBRD8x4G646HX7ZYBEiQADGnzujiUsXI6E993E_0pxSNEjHUyS4m4M33i-UOpxxfDgTkaAqSn8P8HAQ

Another method is to purchase a can of compressed air and spray out liberally where the disc inserts, as this will also displace any dust from the immediate area:

https://www.officesupply.com/technology/computer-accessories/cleaning-maintenance/air-dusters/dust-professional-canned-compressed-duster/p79223.html?ref=pla&cid=ad-pla-non-brand&adpos=1o6&creative=49252254033&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQjwl6GuBRD8x4G646HX7ZYBEiQADGnzuhJcN6nsK_sE4eJugY5z-9_Asqc_Q8OwNQdLDewn-QgaAvuR8P8HAQ

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.