Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

New pioneer av receiver vsx-1130-k. When playing BD I only

Customer Question

new pioneer av receiver vsx-1130-k. When playing BD I only get audio no video on set.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the BD player and the TV. Additionally, please describe how these are inter-connected using what kind of cable(s).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV Sharp Aquios LC80LE633U Blue Ray Player Sony BDP-CX7000 ES
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.
...all using HDMI cables?
Is this a fresh / new install? ...or has the 3 been in use for some time already and this symptom of "...audio no video on set..." a recent issue? Would the Pioneer's MENU display on the TV?
And have you checked/replaced the cables and/or verified their connection ports/jacks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just upgraded the Pioneer from an older pioneer today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all HDMI
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand.
Have you tried a RESET?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reset what?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Would you consider a RESET of the Pioneer?
A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try: please see the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92079112/Pioneer%20VSX-1130-K%20Reset.jpg
May have to be done a number of times.
This is very critical - a reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern or even a compatibility issue; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose other faults.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The procedure worked however it did not correct the problem. There are 6 HDMI options and none of them work with 2 different BD players.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand and sorry to hear the lack of development.
How far away are the Sony BD players to the Pioneer? ...the Pioneer from the Sharp TV?
Have you ensured that the HDMI OUTput is configured as connected? ...press OUT P.. / ▲/▼ / OUT 1/2 / ◄/► / OUT 1+2 or OUT 1 or OUT 2 / RETURN
Have you tried either BD players directly connected to the Sharp? ...and to serve as a 'test bed' for all the HDMI cables?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remember I'm getting the audio. The units are right on top of each other.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
have you confirmed on the Pioneer that the "...HDMI OUTput is configured as connected......press OUT P.. / ▲/▼ / OUT 1/2 / ◄/► / OUT 1+2 or OUT 1 or OUT 2 / RETURN..."