Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Can I but a digital receiver that receives WAN streaming

Customer Question

Can I but a digital receiver that receives WAN streaming audio and converts it to a standard L/R audio? I want to connect this wireless signal to my NAD-725BEE
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Why do you need the device to convert to LR audio? I realize you need wireless- but why not use the computer's line level output, or headphone jack, and then simply send the LR audio signal wirelessly? Much easier that finding a WAN to LR wireless converter..... Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to drive my NAD ampliiier that is located far from my computer. I have a wireless router that broadcasts to my house.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please elaborate.

You want a streaming device you can connect to Wi Fi and then plug that into the NAD?

Or you want to send music wireless from the computer to your NAD?

These are two different things.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call facility, as I can't really post links to products over the phone. Can you please simply reply back on this page?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could, obviously, buy a computer and set it next to my amplifier. I don't need another computer. I was hoping that I could buy a device that would receive the WLAN signal from my router and convert it to a L/R input to my amplifier. It would need to get an IP address and work as a part of my network. Is such a device available...<$100.00?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I didn't say anything about buying another computer?? I was asking if you wanted to wireless send the signal from an EXISTING computer.
Okay, so you don't want to do that.
In that case, the most cost effective solution, since you can't just "convert" a WiFi signal to music, is to buy amusic "streaming device". There are lots of options out there that use WiFi, and many people (including myself), simply purchase a prprepaid smart phone from Walmart for $40, and simply never activate it, and just use WiFi to stream from Pandora or IHeart radio for free. Use the headphone jack and connect an 1/8" to stereo RCA cable to the NAD.
Or there's always Sonos or Bose soundlink, for MUCH more money (closer to $350).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click a positive rating before you go.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?