Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a radio (philco) with record player and CD player I

Customer Question

I have a radio (philco) with record player and CD player I got from sears (new) in 2001? It has 3 disc holders and can be operated remotely. Something went wrong with one of the discs holders and it jammed. When it finally opened the holder was broken. Can't seem to find anyone who is willing to come out to look at it. Is there anyone in my area that knows about this type of unit?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I can certainly help you to find the nearest tech that can work on this for you, just let me know your zip code.

However, I want to caution you up front that repairs for this system simply are not feasible. The philco brand is now defunct, and has been for over 10 years (since 2004). They were run as a subsidiary of Philips/Magnavox back when your unit was purchased, and was a name used for their low end electronics. There are no parts or support available for this system, and even if there were it wouldn't be worth fixing. This type of unit was designed for a maximum service life of about 5 years, and labor costs alone at this point would be $200+ and that is with you taking it in to a shop, a house call adds another $75 in most cases.

You could buy a brand new stereo system with a fresh warranty from a more reputable brand for much less, which would make more sense.

Depending how you'd like to proceed though, I can help find a repair shop (though I wouldn't consider it worth the investment) or recommend replacement options for you, just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,