Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a new Sharp Aquos 4K TV. I have Klipsch sound bar.

Customer Question

I have a new Sharp Aquos 4K TV. I have Klipsch sound bar. Audio out is connected to the optical out and the sound bar. Sound is set to PCM. All input to the TV is through a Sony AV system and HDMI cable. When I try to play back through the the cable box DVR all I get is music not voice.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Do you have speakers connected to the Sony AV System?
2. What are the model numbers of the Tv, soundbar, av system, cable dvr?
** REPLY to continue **
** DO NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV - Sharp Aquos LC-55UB30U
Klipsch Icon SB1
Atlantic Explorer 8300HDCYes I have speakers connected to the receiver but it worked with the Sony TV that was connected previously. It automatically muted the Receiver
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Model number of the Sony AV system?
How many speakers connected to the Sony AV system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sony is an STR DH810
There are 2 front and 2 rear apeakers
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Working on your answer...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure WHY you would connect your tv, sound bar, and AV system in this manner and have no idea how it could have worked before with your other tv. Moreover, I have never heard of someone using a sound bar and AV System in the manner you are trying to use it. Is there some reason why you don't get a real Center channel speaker?
Normally, you would get a Center channel speaker and connect it to the AV System. Unfortunately a sound bar cannot be used as a true center channel speaker on this Sony AV System.
I might be able to suggest an alternate way to connect the sound bar but would need to know if that would be something you would be interested in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not using the speakers that were attached to the receiver, However that being said I have figured it out and now have sound through the sound bar and not the attached speakers.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
great. if you need something else just reply back here.