Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Do you know about he Yamaha Receiver RX-A710?

Customer Question

Hi , do you know about he Yamaha Receiver RX-A710?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Can you elaborate please?
What do you mean by "it shows is out">
Also, "I can only see it blurry". What can you see blurry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,,, the receiver on the front panel shows is red in little letters HDMI out
The TV you can see the channels but the picture is not very clear since it is HDMI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know how to click the HDMI to be in instead of out since it is bringing the TV into regular format and not HDMI
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can take a picture if easier so you can see what I mean
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, let's back up a bit. I need to know the following: 1) Was the receiver working before this? 2) HDMI is not blurry- it's High Def, so not sure what you mean by "not very clear since it is HDMI"? Please explain. 3) What is connected to the receiver via HDMI (besides the TV)?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Phone calls are not conducive to this type of problem as we need the info all typed here to be able to refer back to. Please reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aric,, my TV is Panasonic conected to the Yamaha receiver.
I place an SD card to see a video from a party and then when over I click exit from the remote from the TV then the receiver showed in red HDMI OUT
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're not answering the questions. Please answer each of 1,2 and 3 respectively as I need this information to help you. 1) Was the receiver working before this? 2) HDMI is not blurry- it's High Def, so not sure what you mean by "not very clear since it is HDMI"? Please explain. 3) What is connected to the receiver via HDMI (besides the TV)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like the option in the receiver for the HDMI got click from in to out,, so dont know what happened
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Can you please send one reply at a time, and take the time to scroll up and read my replies?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Responses here:
1. Yes it was working fine
2. Ok,,, so is the high definition
3. I have a blue ray DVD player conected to the receiver, apple TV, Xbox
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, please try switching the receiver over to the Apple TV, and the Xbox- and let me know if that message stays on the screen. If so, then next unplug it from power for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Turn it on and attempt to watch the Apple TV- and again try the Xbox. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switched to Apple TV and message still on same with Xbox
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Did you unplug it as asked please?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please go to page 94 of the manual and see what the receiver tells you about the Video Signal:http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=au.yamaha.com&asset_id=48671
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 4 HDMI cables connected behind the receiver and one in front I unplug all of them and then plug back in. Turn receiver off and then back on and still showd the HDMI out
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Does the display show specifically "HDMI Out"?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see my reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont have the manual, that is why I am asking for help
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I didn't say anything about the manual- except for where I posted the manual before and asked you to check some settings? Click the link to see that. I also asked: Does the display show specifically "HDMI Out"?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you see the picture?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I see half of the display. I need a full picture if we're going to go with a picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you can see the two pictures.
One complete receiver
Two the red section where display shows the HDMI out
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and yes I can see that. This is a fault in the receiver- meaning it's not able to communicate to the TV. Please press and hold the power button on the receiver for 10 seconds and release. If this does not work let me know how long you've owned the receiver for please.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
To view the Cable Box- you will use the TV's "Input" button to select "HDMI 1". To view the Xbox, you will use the "Input" button to select "Input 2" (these are the jacks on the SIDE of the TV). If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aric, press and hold what botton?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please ignore the last reply- the site is glitchy and it sent a reply from a different customer. Please press and hold the "POWER" button on the Yamaha (the one that turns it on), for 10 full seconds to reset the receiver. If that does NOT work, then let me know how long you have owned the receiver for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just turned off now what to do?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Press and hold power again for 10 seconds- let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still shows HDMI out
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
How long have you owned the receiver for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 years aprox
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, this issue is a failing HDMI out on the receiver (I've had one other customer back in 2013 with the same problem). On his end- the problem "fixed" itself after a day being left unplugged, and then came back a week later so he needed to send in for repair. Yours is not correcting itself- and it's not responding to a hard reset, or a power reset (both of which we've tried). So, aside from leaving the unit unplugged from power overnight or longer (in the hopes that it resets), the receiver will require service through Yamaha to fix the HDMI Out on the unit. Sorry for the bad news on this one: http://usa.yamaha.com/dealers/service_locator/ If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and sorry for the bad news. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.