Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

I have a Denon DVD-3930, which has the usual symptoms of laser

Customer Question

I have a Denon DVD-3930, which has the usual symptoms of laser failure. Which laser assembly is required for this unit? Any special tricks needed for replacement besides the solder blob removal?
Thanks !
Jeff
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeff, basically the one you need is specific to your model but there are generics out there so when you call the parts supplier they will cross match that for you.As for replacement, you seem to already know a bit about this lol.The only thing is that the part is super static sensitive so use the precautions especially once you remove the jumper(s) for that feature then installation is simple and that should solve the problem.Do you have a supplier you are thinking of using or did you need one?Thanks Tech MikePlease rate kindly before you go, then if you need me when you are ready to complete this repair, let me know by replying to this message no cost for that.Have a great Sunday!Tech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.