Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

So I plugged in opti cords and after playing an

Customer Question

So I plugged in opti cords and after playing for about an hour or so the receiver turned itself off again. Is it possible that the cd playing is causing this. So far I'm not having this with tv blue ray or radio. Though I haven't played radio for more
than a half hour
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Thank you for the update, and sorry to hear it is still cutting out. That really points to an internal hardware issue though, but it doesn't make sense that it would happen only on cd, at least not if connected by optical - there is no electrical connection that way so it can't be causing a short in the system from the cd player. Does the denon seem hot?