Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have an older system - single cd player type. I shortened

Customer Question

i have an older system - single cd player type. I shortened the four wire cord that runs from the woofer to the main unit. After cutting and reattaching the wires, there is no sound coming from the woofer or the other speakers. I checked continuity, seems to be ok. Did I do something bad requiring a new cable?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
serial number: 021846C02062353AZNot sure where to find model number. Style is silver case - thin definitely not wireless.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
The model number would be printed on a label or sticker or name plate at the back of the unit or in some instances at the bottom.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lifestyle Model 5.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information.Are the wires from the subwoofer those connected to the white & red jacks labeled FIXED ? If yes, how about the wires leading to the 1 SYSTEM CONTROL ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fixed as in reconnected? If so, yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reconnected the wires using individual plug type connectors - 4 in all. continuity reads good from the red / white plugs back through the the repaired connection. Can't read through the DIN plug.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but there are different version s/series of the Bose LS 5. Can you please post back pictures of the rear of the music center and that of the subwoofer.Please click HERE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the pictures but don't know how to post them to you
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Please click HERE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IMG_1109.JPG
IMG_1107.JPG
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Can you try again please? For some reason the pictures are not showing.