Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I can't connect my sharp sound at to my 55 inch hisense TV

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Can you please get me the model number off the back of the TV, and also the model of the soundbar?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is 55H6B and the soundbar is
A HT-SB30D
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply. I'm pulling up these models right now.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
This TV has two Audio Outputs- a "Digital Audio Out", and also an 1/8" Stereo headphone-type jack. It does not use RCA red and white audio out connections (those are Inputs). In order to connect the TV to your Sharp Soundbar you need to use an 1/8" to 1/8" stereo cable. Is this what you've tried?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The proper cable is at the link below:http://comingsoon.radioshack.com/radioshack-1%2F8inch-%283.5mm%29--shielded-audio-cable/4201243.html#.Va74SPlVhBc It connects to the min headphone jack on the TV, and plugs into the "Aux" mini-jack on the Sharp. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The TV's sound will automatically mute once the headphone plug is inserted, and the sound will come from the soundbar. Make sure the volume is up on both the soundbar and the TV.