Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

How do I get a stuck cd from my Bose music cd player

Customer Question

Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)There are a few things you can try:First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power. If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired. If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options. This process applies to all the bose slot load units, but I'd need the full model number (starts with AWR or AWC for most of the bose radio/cd players) to give specific service advise.Thanks,Nathan