Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Pioneer Elite SC-63 Blinking blue "Advanced MCACC" light. Can't

Customer Question

Pioneer Elite SC-63 Blinking blue "Advanced MCACC" light. Can't power on at all and does nothing regardless of the buttons pressed.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage. This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Nathan,
I've tried that. There was a crossed wire that caused the box to go into "Protect" mode. I've gone through everything I've found on the web and in manuals/blogs for the past 3 days, including the button sequences for the reset. I can't turn it on an any mode since it doesn't turn on at all. I'm still open to suggestions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan, I found this 5 year old conversation between a techie and a friend and he said that around 8 years ago he had an old Pioneer receiver and he pressed to buttons and it worked...well holy crap, it worked. I just got it up and running and it's working perfectly. Crazy!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update, glad to hear it is working for you.I was unaware earlier of the shorted wire, or I would have guided you next through the mcacc reset, which is the next step after resolving the physical short. Nathan