Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have denon arvx4100 i need help in setting my Wi-Fi ,

Customer Question

I have denon arvx4100 i need help in setting my Wi-Fi , Bluetooth etc. as was attempting to test my speakers and once it started one speaker was clicking and kick the receiver off
LYNN xxxxx
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, When the receiver clicks and shuts off when testing speakers- it means there was SHORTED speaker wire- either touching the metal chassis of the receiver, or a bare end of wire was touching another bare end of wire.
Before you do anything else, you will need to unplug the Denon from power, and then disconnect all speaker wires from the back of the unit- cut each one, re-strip them ALL, and then carefully reconnect them making sure there are no shorted bare wires.
Once that is done, plug the receiver back in and run the speaker test again. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did and is still doing that same thing
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Which speaker is shutting off the reciever? In other words, while it's running the test, which speaker does it get to where it clicks off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the very first speaker LF
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
There's only two things that could cause this- Either:
A) An issue with that LF speaker or the wiring.
B) A faulty receiver.
I would strongly suggest removing that speakers wires from the speaker and the Denon and inspecting it carefully for any kinks or defects (and even better replace that wire), and then connect the speaker again carefully and test.
If you have the same issue, take another speaker (say RF for instance), and connect that to the LF jack on the Denon as a TEST, and then run the speaker test again.
This will tell you whether the problem is the Denon or the speaker (usually it's the speaker).
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?