Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

My Yamaha 3010 won't power on. I had a crossed speaker wire

Customer Question

My Yamaha 3010 won't power on. I had a crossed speaker wire and the it went off and has no power. I checked the fuse inside and it seems to be good.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me how you checked the fuse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I used a voltage meter.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Yamaha; perhaps an RX-A3010?
Still, it would appear that the Yamaha is kicking in auto-protect mode. Proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) with the use of the multi-meter on the output transistor pair that has its speaker wires crossed.
Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only Yamaha 3010. Would be the rx-a3010
How do I get it out of auto protect. No lights come on at all. Nothing. It has clicked off before in auto protect. In just came back from tap electronics in California. So what's the next step.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Based on "...No lights come on at all. Nothing...", is the Yamaha completely / electrically dead? If yes and if considering DIY, then with the RX-A3010 plugged in, proposed preliminary check would be for the presence and consistency of the standby +5.5V.A friendly reminder: voltage measurements by its very nature requires that the Yamaha be plugged in and therefore LIVE! Please exercise due care and caution.