Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a bose home theater and just now my picture went out.

Customer Question

I have a bose home theater and just now my picture went out. The sound is fine and all the prompts still show on the screen. When I switch from cable to roku I get a green screen
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I unplug the bose system and go direct via hdmi from the Direct Tv box the picture is fine.
I use different cable for the sound than the HDMI and the sound is find it is just the picture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check my email tomorrow for the answer.
Hope you can figure this out or lead me in the right direction.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you please give me the full model number of the bose?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an AV35
Serial number 056608F30580125AE
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Are you inputting dtv, roku, etc to the bose via hdmi?And assuming so, you are still getting sound through the bose (via hdmi) just no picture out of the bose to the tv, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually that is not completely correct. I am not using the HDMI for sound I am using the optic cable.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me the exact wiring setup between each device currently.There are a lot of variables here so I need all the details to be able to give an accurate assessment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was taking so long so I called Bose customer service direct and we fixed the problem, free, in about 10 minutes what a waste of time and money this is.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad it's working for you. If I had more information up front, I could have provided you with a resolution sooner. Have a good day,Nathan