Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Yamaha HTR4065 that worked fine with a logitech Harmony

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha HTR4065 that worked fine with a logitech Harmony 600 remote until Direct TV changed my receiver to ***** Now I can't control on/off functions!
Direct TV doesn't know how to fix it. HELP!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I assume you're using hdmi from the dtv box to the yamaha, but correct me if I"m wrong. Does the yamaha remote still let the receiver turn on/off? What about front panel buttons?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i'm using HDMI 1 for the tv and dtv. The Yamaha remote turns it off, but not on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have been using HDMI 2 for the yamaha
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you please go into the setup menu on both the yamaha and the dtv box, and look for the Hdmi Control (hdmi-cec), and disable those hdmi control functions on both devices, then test your remotes again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the HDMI setting on the DTV?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Every box/firmware version is different. It would be in the setup, options, or advanced section of the dtv setup menu.