Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have got a Samsung home entertainment system. Model HT-F9750W.

Customer Question

I have got a Samsung home entertainment system. Model HT-F9750W. The system shut down and had to be restarted. A message was displayed 'FAN NG'. What does that mean? Fan not going? Is there a danger of a fire?
Regards
***** *****
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
this means the Fan in your unit is dying and will or has failed and needs replacement. you need to stop using it until you have had this replaced for fear of over heating.
You are going to have to return the unit to have the fan replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. But you need to stop using it until you have had this done, this is critical to stopping any additional damage.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you