Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

My Harmony 700 remote used to control my TV, Receiver, cable

Customer Question

My Harmony 700 remote used to control my TV, Receiver, cable box, and DVD player is all messed up. If I am lucky enough to get my TV on, I can't change the channel at all or control the volume unless I turn a dial on my receiver. I can play a movie of the DVD player, but when I turn it off in the hope of watching TV, the cable box shuts down at the same time, so I have to push some buttons to get the TV to work, but of course I can only get one channel. The remote was purchased in December 2011 and I just put new batteries in it about the time it went crazy. Help!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. It sounds like your remote has been reset or the firmware corrupted.The remote firmware will need to be updated, and all of the programming reloaded - if you don't have the configuration files saved or backed up, then it will have to be entirely reprogrammed.I can give you some basic guidance to do that your self, or I can fix the logitech for you remotely.