Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

Do you have some codes I can try to set my dish network

Customer Question

Do you have some codes I can try to set my dish network remote to control the volume on my BostonAcoustics sound bar in AuX mode I tried 2761with no luck
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. The issue here is that the soundbar actually can't be controlled by direct programming - there is no specific code for it. That code you are trying will not work, that is for other boston equipment and cannot control this model.This is inherent to the unusual design of the soundbar - rather than having a code to program remotes to it, the soundbar was designed to "learn" to respond to commands from an existing remote, such as your tv remote volume commands. There is a workaround for this though: What you need to do is to program a code for some other device into your dtv remote. I would suggest picking an audio device from a brand that you don't already have there. (If all your stuff is samsung, pick an LG code, etc). Then, with the remote programmed to operate some device, you can program the soundbar to respond to those new commands.