Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

C/D locked up in #1 of 3 trays in my model PDL_W839 unit how

Customer Question

C/D locked up in #1 of 3 trays in my model PDL_W839 unit how do I GET IT OUT?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Turn Off the device. Wait 15+ minutes. Hold down the Eject button. While holding it down, turn On the device, and continue holding down the Eject button for at least 1/2 minute, until it opens. If that does not work, look for a small hole near the tray #1. Straighten a paper-clip, and insert the end into the hole, tripping the small switch that releases the CD tray. Pull it the rest of the way out with your fingers, to access the CD tray. If the CD tray action and response does not recover, the device will require repair, possibly replacement of the drive behind CD # *****'s tray.If the device is less than a year old, that repair will be done under warranty terms, free of charge, provided you do not open the device's case and it has not suffered other warranty-voiding events.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first idea not work also no hole trays.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
ThenA. to get the disc out will require some disassembly.B. What age is the device in question? and what is it's maker name, or manufacturer?C. Don't disassemble the unit if it is still within warranty.D. Do you have electronic device disassembly skills and tools?E. and the device may require repair, even after getting the disc out.