Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I just bought a Denon AVR-X5200W to go with my Vizio

Customer Question

I just bought a Denon AVR-X5200W to go with my Vizio M-Series 43-inch UHD TV. Using the on-screen Setup Assistant I installed the system. When I tried it out, I could get sound from the Internet radio but not worth the TV. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Vizio TV. Additionally, please describe how the Denon is connected to the Vizio using what kind of cable(s).
And is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ...or is there a cable box or a satellite receiver? ...and/or even connected to the Internet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie and thanks for your quick response. The television is a VIZIO M43-C1 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD. It's connected to to the receiver with an HDMI cable and they're connected to the ARC connections on both devices. The cable box is connected to the receiver with an HDMI cable connected to the receiver. However, there are five what I think are RCA plugs still connected to the TV. Both the TV and receiver are connected to the Internet via a wireless router.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Apologies as for some reason, there was a delay in receiving the notification that you replied.
In most instances, the only connection needed would be between the Denon's HDMI OUT MONITOR1 ARC and the Vizio's HDMI 1 AUDIO OUIT (ARC). Is this currently the connection? (bear with me on the confirmation)
The RCA-toRCA cables may no longer be needed except perhaps a pair.
Can you please post back with pictures of the back of bothe The Denonb and the Vizio?
See http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is the connection I have. I'll send photos as quickly as I can.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate your kind understanding.
The idea is to see what you are seeing; i.e. which Vizio jacks uses the 5 RCA-to-RCA cables to connect to what jacks of the Denon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello from Lake Charles, LA. Here are the photos you requested.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the pictures.
It would seem that there is another device connected to the TV using component video + left & right audio. Try tracing where it leads to and if not connected to anything, these 5 RCA-to-RCA cables can then be removed.
If the cable box is connected to the Denon and the Denon to the TV both by HDMI, then the cable program's sound should be heard from the Denon connected speakers. If not, please ensure that the Denon's HDMI Audio Out is set to AVR (and not to TV).
MAIN / SETUP / ▲▼► / Settings / ENTER / HDMI Setup / HDMI Audio / AVR
(Implementation of the above steps may vary depending on the version)
Or is it the TV's audio itself not heard at the Denon's speakers?
And please re-check the speaker wire connected to the Denon's SURROUNBD R - terminal. It appears to have been disconnected.