Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a pioneer receiver, but it is not car. I am not

Customer Question

I have a pioneer receiver, but it is not for a car. I am not getting any fm reception. I don't have any antenna connected. I have one antenna wire. Will that help?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the model of the receiver?What type of location are you in (urban, suburban, rural)? Ie: How far are you from the stations you're trying to pick up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pioneer deh-1600. Suburban location. I am able to get radio stations on a portable radio on the same location.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Are you using the antenna wire that came with it?Does any other source work (cd, dvd, tv, etc)?Have you tried turning off the stereo mode (mono fm) and see if it picks up anything stronger that way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I solved my own problem. Please refund $11 charged to my card.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear it's working for you.I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I have no control over billing/account issues, but you may request a refund via the help page.Nathan