Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Hopefully, when I try to do YPAO it works fine subwoofer and the left unit th

Customer Question

Hi, hopefully,
when I try to do YPAO it works fine for the subwoofer and the left unit then it says E8"signal from microphone is quiet" and stops
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only... Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the AV receiver/home theater system.Offhand, the only easy user doable attempt would be to clean the microphone plug and the MIC jack preferably with plastic safe / non-staining DeoxIT DN5 or LPS 03116 Contact Cleaner or equivalent.All others would require the use of a multimeter and internal circuitry checks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is ***** RX A 2030, I bought it just new, I ave 5 speakers connected and they all produce sound. Cleaning the mic plug and jack did not help. I can configure the system manually, I think but on automatic it stop at the left front speaker (11%) and the quits saying microphone is quiet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The system is configured in 7.1
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand.
Can you please check the firmware version of the Yamaha?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.60
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, I am unable to provide phone service at this time.
Perhaps another member can offer an alternate approach to your concern. The question would be re-opened as I would be opting out. A notification would be sent out soon as somebody else replies.
Still, good luck with the Yamaha.
This is not an Info Request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be that the micro is not working and could I find that out somehow?