Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have Bose soundlink mini and the red battery light just

Customer Question

Hi
I have Bose soundlink mini and the red battery light just keep flashing while I try to charge it and it won't charge.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Are you charging it on the charger dock/base, or with the charge cord plugged into the side of the soundlink directly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plugg into the side
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the dock available to test?Can you also check the power "brick" portion of the cord and tell me if that feels warm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the dock and it's plugged in, I've tried both the dock and just plugging it into the speaker directly. Every time I do it starts flashing red again. I've not checked the heat on the charger but it doesn't seem to be any hot now.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
It shouldn't be hot, but slightly warmer than room temp at least. That is an indicator that the charger/cord is faulty.The other possibility is that the battery in the soundlink itself has failed and can no longer take a charge.Do you have access to a meter to check the voltage output of the cord tip?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not at this moment, I can check it soon. Is the power chord unusual or is there a possibility to find similar one around?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to find a generic replacement for it, there are universal ones that have adaptable output voltage. Hopefully it is the charger/cord, as the battery itself is hard to find and expensive. It is only available from bose and costs nearly as much as a new system. You can get the original charger here too: http://amzn.to/1HOFKrX