Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi it was working great move

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi it was working great move it to another room connected the speakers the BLURAY DVD player through the HDMI on the rear or the player to HDMI 1 on the receiver and HDMI out to HDMI 1 on the TV. Set the tv to HDMI 1 and The receiver also to HDMI 1 no video no sound can you help? I called pioneer and they said to a reset I did still the same
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you get any other output from the pioneer, such as sound from the tuner (fm radio), or are you able to see the pioneer on screen setup menu on the tv screen?Do you have any other source you can test, such as a cable/satellite box?If you (temporarily) bypass the pioneer, and plug the bluray into the tv directly via hdmi, do you get picture/sound that way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
checking now please hold on No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if plug directly to tv i get pic and sound
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
So you don't get anything on the tuner even from the pioneer? (Do you have antenna connected, and tuned to a station that should have good reception?)What about the OSD?