Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Pioneer VSX-1121-K and it has been working without

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer VSX-1121-K and it has been working without any problems until today. I have no video or audio output from the receiver. The power comes on and I can make different selections for my devices, but still no video or audio to my speakers. When I run the MCACC setup mic I'm getting an ERROR L.
Also, I think I might have had a power surge yesterday from a thunder storm, but the receiver is on a power surge protector and other devices on the same strip work fine.
Any ideas?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand even the best surge protector in the world won't protect these devices- this is why even commercial business lose equipment during storms. Now, offhand- Error L- indicates a shorted speaker at the output of the Left speaker terminal- have you checked that? Also, have you performed a full- "Resetting the System"- as outlined in the Pioneer's manual?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
NOTE: Please scroll UP to see all replies. First, I would suggest unplugging the receiver from power, then disconnect all of the speaker wires from the back of the unit- re-strip, and re-terminate (connect) all of the speaker wires to try and get rid of that "Error L" fault you're getting. Once reconnected, attempt to power the receiver up and see if you can get it to process an AV signal. If not, then proceed to the instructions outlined on page 53 of the manual at the link below for "Resetting the System": http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-1121-K_OperatingInstructions082911.pdf If the issue goes beyond the steps outlined here, then the receiver does require service through Pioneer as it's hardware-related and not a settings issue. http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/repair/If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this problem?